Friday 6 May 2011

been a while

i know it has been a while, i have had some stuff going on. well i was getting these odd visual thing of a night where anything that moved had a trail behind it and i was having these odd fits in which apparently i would zone out and have no knowledge of it after and i was getting slower and slower in everything i did. my neuro took me off the diamox saying that it is a side effect of both my meds but the topamax treats both migraine and IH and the diamox just tends to treat the IH and as my discs are normal at the mo and my lp was only 25 he thinks that my pressure is down for now.
so i was off the diamox for a week and then it started on sat i was angry at everyone my head was pounding my ears were extra sensitive to sound and i could not take my sunglasses off the light was so painful. when i woke up Sunday morning it looked like it was snowing twinkly lights and i was finding it difficult to speak (i sounded drunk) my mum rang Queen Mary's Hospital as that is where my neuro is based and they do not have an a&e so she rang Kings Collage Hospital as that is where i when for my lp and the last time i went to my local a&e they did not have a clue when it came to ih and wanted to treat me for meningitis when i had low pressure after my lp cos they didn't have a neuro on call.
so we went to King's. by the time we got there i sounded like i was having a stroke i could not form a whole word let alone a sentence. after tests and anti sickness meds the neuro told me it was a severe migraine and dosed me up with steroids and pain meds i am dredding next weeks weigh in. it took till wed to get my speech back and then today i passed out so i have another migraine on the way if the neuros are wright and this is all migraine now they are lasting for 4 days and i am getting an other one as soon as i get over the last each time.

No comments:

Post a Comment